Friday, May 31, 2013

Moving is hard




We never would have thought that moving from our small 2 bedroom house would be so difficult.  I don't mean emotionally, as that hasn't really hit me yet.  I am expecting to be in tears on closing day though.  25 years in this house has left us with so many memories.  A few bad, but so many more of the good, long-lasting, loving memories.

But, wow, what a lot of STUFF we've accumulated!  Of course, for the entire time we've had 3 (!) home art/craft businesses.  Steve's leather working tools and supplies, thankfully have been sold.  I have continued to paint my miniature scenes, and had started to gather supplies to go bigger in my artwork.  I definitely plan to continue doing that, so all of the paints, brushes, cleaning supplies, canvases, frames, references, etc...have to be packed.  

I've made a decision not to continue making silver and bronze jewelry, but the supplies I accumulated over the past 12 years have to be dealt with.  I do have a plan to try making a mixed media piece incorporating paintings and some fired bronze metal components.  It will keep me busy for awhile. 

So with 2/3 businesses, all those tax records need to accompany us.  The IRS may like a look someday, but I highly doubt it.

Our biggest help in this is the fact there are some auction companies that are very willing to take much of your stuff and sell it for you.  Jim Pankey of the Bloomington Auction House is going to be doing that on Monday...out the door with most of our furnishings, (definitely won't fit into a Southwestern decor), my small collections of ceramics, vintage furniture, etc.  They'll need a big trailer!  

Trying to arrange for moving pods and not knowing if it will all fit, what a hassle!  At this point, I don't think I can recommend the UHaul brand of pod/boxes.  Communication has been very poor.  We'll see how it all ends up.   

Moving across the country is pretty scary.   Many,many people have done it, and I know we can too.  Boy, will I be glad to get to Green Valley, Arizona!!!!!

We have one last class tomorrow.  A BRONZCLAY JEWELERY MAKING CLASS:
June 1st, 1:00pm, 318 N. Main St., Bloomington.  email:  artjools@frontier.com.



This is a portion of a walkway found in the artists colony of Tubac, Arizona.  Just a few miles from where we'll be for the rest of our lives!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment