Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 promises new and wonderful things to come!


This photo was taken last year at Weldon Springs State Park, south of Clinton, IL.   We just returned from the 2nd annual First Day Hike held there on this beautiful crisp sunny New Years Day.  Very cold, but absolutely gorgeous!  We covered about a mile through the snow, making new tracks for others to follow.  Lots of little birds spotted...titmice, redbirds, nuthatches, sparrows, blue jays, geese and a redtail hawk.  Plus a couple of deer crossing our path in front!  

I wish I'd had my camera, but did have my new wonderful Leupold binoculars, so I was afraid I'd drop one or the other of them.   


We're planning to try to sell our house this spring.  If that happens, we'll be moving west, to Arizona.  A lot of work to be done in that regard, such as cleaning out a lot of stuff we've accumulated over the years.  Still need to find a storage facility that's reasonably close by.  


January 12 we'll be giving a Bronze jewelry class at 318 N Main, Bloomington.  Mary Lynn has found a partner so that she'll continue to stay there, and we can continue with some classes.   I have 5 students so far, so let me know...artjools@frontier.com.

January 19 we'll set up again in the Museum of History, downtown Bloomington, for the 2nd indoor Farmers Market of the season.  It was a successful event in December, so we'll see what January has in store for us.

In that we've got so much stuff, we've decided to try doing the Flea Market held in the Expo Gardens building in Peoria on January 27.  I'll be taking beads, finished jewelry, collectibles, and Steve's taking his leather craft tools and patterns.  Certainly hope it will be worth all the trouble.


Have a great year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment