Thursday, May 17, 2012

Downtown Bloomington Farmers Market & Artist's Alley

So I missed opening day of the market.  I certainly wished I hadn't!  We did set up at the Peoria Heights Tower Park art fair...where it rained most of the morning.  Not many attendees or sales either.  So I learned my lesson there. 

I am very glad to be back at the market, in a new space with lots of new work.  I am going to have Free Jewelry Cleaning, limit of 3 pieces per person, that morning.  I use a Speedbrite Ionic Cleaner.  It is perfectly safe for stones and pearls/opals/turquoise.  I also have some new paintings that I am pretty proud of. 

Steve has been working on some new sculptured bronze pieces, not really jewelry, but he uses the same metal clay.  I think he's gotten pretty good.  I will get some photos posted soon of his Rocket, Flying Saucer, and Bronze bells.

Here's a brooch I made early in the bronze clay-making:




No comments:

Post a Comment