Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spring Bloom Art Fair

This Saturday starts the 2012 art fair season for us.  The McLean County Art Center's Spring Bloom Art Fair is held this year at the Interstate Center, also known as the McLean County Fairgrounds, at 1106 Interstate Dr., Bloomington.   At this point I don't know the booth location, but I'm sure it will be easy to find.   Hopefully.  This is a very nice facility with great parking.  But it's a drive for those living in East Bloomington/Normal, but not a particularly hard one.  So I hope we have a good crowd.  There is a $5 admission fee.  
http://www.mcaart.org/mcac/html/springbloomartistinfo.html

We have some great new jewelry pieces, and Steve has really gotten involved with making bronze sculptures.  I think everyone will love the spaceship, the rocket, and especially a great sounding bronze bell.  I will have my miniature oil paintings also.  I love to paint, and have so many ideas and photos, but not enough time to get everything done.  I envy Dylan Punke, photographer, who will be at Spring Bloom also.  He's heading out northwest, on his bicycle, for a summer road trip, leaving in June.  How nice it would be to travel and collect photos and ideas for months at a time, with no worries as to having to set up for an art fair.  Or worries about the competition and worries of am I going to sell anything.    It gets to be pretty stressful during Art Fair Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment